Remembrance Walk 2021
This year’s ASP Remembrance Walk is going to be an in-person event with 1-mile walk around the lake (route picture below on page) that will loop back to the shelter near where our Remembrance Tree is located.
We will have remembrance activities onsite and community support. The event is free to attend. All are welcome.
Saturday, July 17, 2021 | 10:00am-1:00pm | City Park Fort Collins, Colorado
If you would like to do the walk on your own or with a loved one (following social distancing state and county guidelines) the route is posted below on this page. We encourage you to start at the tree we planted at the 2019 Remembrance Walk, loop around city park lake, and end back at the remembrance tree. Feel free to leave any small objects on or by the tree in honor of your loved one.
Here are some more ways that we recommend paying homage to and remembering your loved one:
- Write them a letter
- Cook or order out their favorite food
- Look at photos
- Reminisce and share memories, write them down, record them
- Visit their favorite location
- Reach out to one of their other loved ones
- Plant a tree or a plant in their honor
- Make a donation to a worthy cause in their name
- Add them to our Remembrance Wall
However you choose to remember your loved one, we are glad that you are taking the time to remember them during the Remembrance Walk and always. We hope that you are taking care of yourself, whatever that looks like for you right now.